“Everyone has one” – cycling infrastructure on track
The convention for cycle-friendly infrastructure
On 13 May 2019, German Minister of Transport Andreas Scheuer opened the “6th National Cycling Congress” in Dresden and made clear that he would like to put a much stronger focus on cycling. “We need a better cycling infrastructure with as few gaps as possible. We must do more to protect cyclists and we want even more innovation and progress.” The Congress, which was attended by over 800 participants, was moderated by Barbara Hahlweg from the ZDF television network.
A modern lifestyle that is encouraged
Like almost no other means of transport, the bicycle epitomizes a modern lifestyle: sporty, healthy, flexible and environmentally friendly. Germans own 78 million bicycles, in other words, almost everyone has one. And bicycle production in the country has regained momentum too. The reality on the streets, however, shows that there is still much to be done to promote cycling.
On the first evening of the convention, the winners of the German Cycling Prize were honoured at the awards ceremony at the Messe Dresden exhibition centre. The EUR 18,000 prize, presented for the 19th time, was awarded in the categories Infrastructure, Service, Communication and the most bicycle-friendly person. In addition, the winner of the photography competition with the motto “cycling connects people” was excited to win a voucher for a 5-day cycle tour through the Ore Mountains in Germany.
Event Consult took care of the entire event management, comprising an extensive range of activities which we have listed here in full as an example of the services we offer.
• Venue selection
• All arrangements with the venue
• Coordination between the BMVI, the state of Saxony and the city of Dresden
• Creating and managing the Congress website
• Attendee management
• Preparing and producing all the graphics for the Congress
• Exhibition in conjunction with the Congress: graphics, design and production
• Organising and executing the social programme
• Organisation and coordination with the catering company
• Commissioning and supporting the moderator
• Creating the Congress documentation, e.g. booklet
• Organisation and coordination with the bicycle hire company
• Commissioning and coordination with the photographer
• Accreditation and conference room service by our hostesses and hosts
• All technical equipment
• Organisation of hotel room allocations
• Selecting and ordering advertising materials